Tuesday, February 19

Middle School and Barf

I have been struck over and over this week about how much I love middle school and how thankful I am to be teaching this unique age. As I graded my drama test, I ran across this answer, that could only come from a middle schooler...

"Yes, I did like how Blanca Flor ended. I like it because Juanito married Blanca Flor because of the great, great power of love! barf."

I L-O-V-E it. This is right up there with the student in Hoover that said "I thought Egypt was in Europe because they both start with the letter E." Wow.

Another middle school boy told me today he wished he could be pregnant so he could experience bedrest. Yes. He said "dude. I want to be pregnant." Seriously? Seriously?

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That is SO funny!!! Only middle schoolers would say that. And does he realize what happens at the end of being pregnant? I'm sure he'd change his mind once those labor pains started, no matter how much he might have enjoyed getting to sleep lots. Oh, and what about throwing up? Then again, middle schoolers do have this obsession with barf!