Sunday, January 13

It's that time again...

Now that I've settled back in for the semester it is time for me to start blogging more regularly! What is coming up this week you ask? A lot!

8th grade is nearing the end of a Non-Fiction unit. Next, we will read an adaptation (a play) of The Diary of Anne Frank. I'm still loving 8th grade and they still love to get me off task...somehow they talked me into a "tea party" (we drank good ol' cold sweet tea) on Friday.

6th grade is in the middle of Island of the Blue Dolphins. It's a great book because the boys get to read an entire book centered around a strong and resourceful female. (I'm not kidding! They argue with me that there is no way a girl could build a canoe, etc.) Currently, 6th grade is jealous of 8th grade's "tea party." We'll see if they can talk me into a party...

9th grade. 9th grade. What can I say? They think Civics is just a code word for hanging out with Miss Mc. I am still transitioning from 9th grade Study Skills to 9th grade Civics (study of all things government). Pray for my patience as I try to teach the students about the United States government over the next 3 weeks. For most students this is their first experience with American History! 9th grade is the first American History course at the school...this is very different for me!! Currently, we are on the US Constitution. I love it of course...but they are learning to love it! (I hope...)

9th grade girls bible study is still going well. The group has become smaller but I think it is better because the girls share their hearts more freely. Continue praying for openness!

I started a new class in middle school after Christmas...organization class! I have the 6th grade girls and boys separately, 2 times a week. Our theme of the week is...actually write down your homework assignment! Woo hoo! Pray for endurance for this class - both for me and the students - we both gave up our study hall to have the organization class.

That's all for now. I'll try to take pictures this week so you can catch students in action!

No comments: