I have included a picture below of all of the adults at the conference. Don't even try to find me. All I know is that I'm in the front left. Dead center is Larry Thompson, director of Eastern Europe and Russia. To the left, (the man behind his wife) is the Campus Crusade President ,Steve Douglass. Although you might be able to make them out very clearly, they were there!

As I previously posted, over 1,000 people serving in Eastern Europe and Russia were at the conference. Around 65% were nationals from Eastern Europe and Russia. There were 6 different languages translated but I'm sure that there were more languages spoken. Although I was not looking forward to the conference God richly blessed me. Not only were the speakers edifying, I left the conference with a taste of heaven. Although I have worshipped in different languages, I have never been as moved as I was while singing "Holy, Holy, Holy" in 6 different languages. Truly amazing - that is what heaven is going to be like...every tongue and nation praising God and declaring Him Lord.
On another note, I cannot describe how grotesque the food was. I almost took pictures at a meal but I thought I would spare you. Every meal included potatoes, pasta, bread, and a mystery meat. Every breakfast consisted of eggs and hot dogs. Yes, hot dogs. I only made it to one breakfast. Let's just say I'm happy I had my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, various junk foods, and my large supply of Coca Cola.
2 comments:
Welcome back, Whittington! I hope you are thriving again at school after the conference. Let me know how you're doing. (Oh, and I'm at 80%!) Love ya,
Pretty new blog layout!
Post a Comment