Wednesday, September 5

Sajnálni - Sorry

I'm sorry it has been so long since my last post! School has consumed me.

Listed below are a few updates on life here in Hungary:

-- Last night was High School Open House - a "special" time when parents meet the teachers. (Called PTO in Alabama) The interesting part of the night was that all the teachers had to bring a snack for parents. Oliver, Pamela, and I collaborated and brought a vegetable tray. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the McLemores were responsible for the healthiest dish there. Unbelievable, I think we made McLemore history.

-- Middle School Open House is next week - that should be interesting.

-- I drove some of the soccer players (Oliver's team) to practice yesterday because it "is so simple to get there and back." Yea right. After a 20 minute ride to the field on back roads I had no idea how to get back. Therefore I sat in my professional outfit for the Open House in my nasty car from 4 until 6. You think I'm finished but I'm not. While following Oliver back to school I went on a double round-about (two lanes going in a Circle) TWICE with a semi truck on my tail. Have I mentioned I'm a new "stick driver?" I screamed the entire time I was circling the enormous round-about. (Dad - think my bloodcurdling scream on the tube at the lake). I later found out another driver would not let Oliver merge over. Yea right.

-- By far the most surprising, I have changed eating habits! Don't get me wrong, I still love junk food but I can't get enough of fruit! This week's obsession is bananas. Recent obsessions include but are not limited to apples, pineapple, carrots, and a multivitamin fruit juice that I drink around a cartoon a day (2 liters I think).

That's all for now. I think I've made blog history - this may be my longest entry. Hope you enjoyed it...

2 comments:

Keri said...

Hey, Whittington! I'm glad I found you on facebook. I've enjoyed your blog, too, and especially the pictures of Hungary. It really looks beautiful. p.s. I love your story about driving a stick and the roundabout. I have the same fears for when we move to Europe. I have no idea how to drive a stick...

Alli said...

YES! I converted you to Multi Vitamin Juice......I'm sucha good influence....