Tuesday, February 20
Birthday and Valentines Day
Above is a small album of pictures from my birthday and Valentine's day. My birthday was wonderful! My birthday started with chocolate chip pancakes and Starbucks flavored coffee. Students and teachers from all over the school sang to me and gave me gerber daisies all day long. Pam and Oliver blew up old christmas cards and put them all over the school. That night, Pam made my favorite meal - Fettucine Alfredo with chicken. My roomates made a strawberry shortcake FROM SCRATCH. If you can't tell, I had a really great day!
Valentines day was fun too - Austin and Jonathan took a bunch of girls to have a bonfire and roast marshmellows (very expensive in Hungary). Life has now returned to normal. Well, normal in Hungary.
Please pray for Visas. Several teachers are having to return to the states to file paperwork (a Visa) in order to legally live in Hungary. This is hard for the teacher because they have to return to the states for a few weeks but it is really hard on the school because all the other teachers have to cover and teach classes for the absent teachers! Pray that God will be gracious and grant the school honorable favor with the Hungarian government. Also pray for next year. I am officially switching my focus (already!) to the next school year in terms of raising support and praying about what classes I will be teaching. I covet your prayers!
Thank you all for the birthday wishes and prayers! I will keep you posted as life continues in Budapest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
happy belated birthday Ting! Love the monogrammed hat!
Post a Comment